I hope you have enjoyed a wonderful summer.
We start the 2019-20 academic year on a real high after our students achieved truly excellent A-level and GCSE results this August as reported on our website. Congratulations to them all.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back to school next week including the 180 students joining us for the first time in Year 7.
As usual, the year begins with a staggered start:
Monday 2 and Tuesday 3 September
- INSET Days (staff only in school)
Wednesday 4 September
- Year 7, Year 10, Year 12 and Year 13 only in school for 8:30am
- Year 7 go to the main quad on arrival
- Year 10 go to their tutor rooms (check here or at Student Reception on arrival)
- Year 12 and 13 go to the Sixth Form Common room on arrival
Thursday 5 September onwards
- All students in school for 8:30am
- Year 8 go to the quad
- Year 12 go to the Sixth Form Common room
- Years 7, 9, 10, 11 and 13 go to their tutor rooms (check here or at Student Reception on arrival)
Friday 6 September and all subsequent Fridays
- A reminder that following consultation, students will leave school at 13:50 instead of 15:00 on Friday afternoons this year.
Full details of the timings for Fridays, uniform reminders, key dates and other important information is in the Key Information for Parents and Carers 2019-20 document that was previously shared and is available under the ‘Parents’ tab on our website here. Please note that there was an error regarding INSET day 3 in this booklet that has now been resolved.
Finally, some parents/carers continue to drop off and collect students by car along the top road by the lodge or within the main school grounds. This is unsafe and resulted in an unpleasant accident two winter’s ago. We request that you only use the Sixth Form car park for drop off and collection.
I sincerely wish your child a happy, safe and successful year of Everyone Learning and Everyone Caring at Wheatley Park and look forward to working in continued partnership with you.